Monday, November 21, 2005

A1GP: A1 Team Malaysia Quotes From Sepang


Great support from Malaysians
Fairuz Fauzy: "I had a good race out there today, equalling my best result in the Series so far. We have a good car, and I think there are a few improvements we can make for Alex; he'll start from eighth, so he'll be towards the front of the grid, which should give us a good start."
Alex Yoong: "It was an exciting race. I had a really good start. I think I could have been third or fourth but unfortunately Brazil stalled in front of me and I had to get right off the throttle, but we were still sixth and looking good. I was happy with our race pace today. I could be aggressive with the car, I could attack. I overtook New Zealand , but then they got me back in the pitstop, so I had to overtake him again. I was working hard to close down on Italy which I was starting to do, but then when I was pushing hard and the rain started I made a small mistake and I ran wide into the gravel. New Zealand overtook me again, so I had to take him which I did on the last lap. All in all, I'm pleased with fifth and I think we've shown today we have the pace to be on the podium. That must be our target from now on."
Jack Cunningham (Team Principal): "Alex and Fairuz did a superb job for us today. I would like to congratulate them on their excellent performances. I would though especially like to thank the fans of the Team who came to Sepang today. They have been truly wonderful in their support - I hope they realised as they left the circuit how appreciative we were of their encouragement. I have no doubt that our 5th place was the result of the impact of the fans constant encouragement of Alex throughout the hour-long race. It's been a busy week for us here in Kuala Lumpur, but I think we've brought to the city an exciting new motor racing series, which has everything the fans want - close racing, plenty of thrills and spills, entertainment and the chance to meet their favourite drivers. I hope that the fans enjoyed their visit to Sepang as much as we have."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spot on Jack..Hopefully, Malaysia will end the season high so that sponsors will open their eyes on this exciting series which is a lot cheaper than F1 to enter..Being at the track on Sunday made me goosebumped with the fans reaction..
Good Luck for Dubai!!

SRV

8:30 PM  
Blogger thefazz said...

Hopefully the media will cover the Team more. Look at The Star... hardly any exciting before, during and after the Sepang weekend. We need more people to know about Team Malaysia and how we are doing in A1GP. They also need to know how competitive both Alex and Fairuz has been since race 1.

Our karting group my-kart are strong supporters of Team Malaysia.

Malaysia Boleh!! Go Team Malaysia, Go Alex, Go Fairuz!!

Cheers
TheFazz

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home